Clinical research is the basis for the development, testing and approval of new drugs, medical devices and cures. Here NRW offers a unique location with many advantages for clinical research. With the lighthouse KliFoNet.NRW, the Cluster Medizin.NRW offers a central orientation and exchange platform for clinical research in NRW.
What is the KliFoNet.NRW lighthouse?
The KliFoNet.NRW lighthouse brings together experts from (university) clinics, study centers, clinical research institutions and companies. The lighthouse serves as a central networking and organizational platform and forms:
- a common umbrella for strategic topics,
- the starting point for position papers and white papers,
- the framework for joint events and
- the basis for joint projects.
Topics within the lighthouse
The lighthouse was launched in spring 2020. In the process, the interdisciplinary steering group of the lighthouse identified and defined topics and projects of the lighthouse. Key topics and projects of the lighthouse for the near future include:
- a joint appearance of clinical research,
- the acceleration of clinical trials,
- the linking of clinical research with primary care,
- the exchange between clinical research and pharmaceutical companies, and
- clinical research on digital health applications (DiGA) in NRW.
Target groups of the lighthouse
The KliFoNet.NRW lighthouse brings together stakeholders from
- University Hospitals,
- study centers,
- patient organizations and
- research institutions.
The lighthouse is open to all interested stakeholders from NRW.
Would you like to be kept up to date on the activities of the Lighthouse and be invited to future events? Simply write us a short e-mail. Also feel free to let us know what topics you are interested in or would like to contribute.